This web log has always had fun with the House of Saxe Coburg-Gotha, more recently known as the House of Windsor, and I have spent some time watching videos of King Charles' coronation.
I did not get up at 5 a.m. to watch it! Oddly enough I do think I was up at 5 a.m. however I did not think of it. I watched footage later and also read comments. That is a vice of mine, reading comment sections. However you learn a lot that way.
And so ... here are some thoughts on King Charles' coronation.
1. Enough with the "I can't accept Camilla as Queen -- I will always be thinking about Diana." Diana was not a good fit for that family. She should never have married Prince Charles. She could not handle it. You cannot become a Royal and expect to live the life you could have aspired to had you not made that move.
2. I wonder what Princess Diana would be like if she were around now. I wonder what people would think of her. It is like imagining if JFK Jr. had not died in that plane crash. They would both be different people.
3. Kate Middleton, the new Princess of Wales, has really walked the walk. She wears the hats, she wears the smile. Now there is a good woman for that job.
4. I miss Prince Philip.
5. Prince Harry was something of an outsider, as I understand it, having to wear a suit and not royal robes. However... what a suit. Dior made it and is proud of it, as well they might be. Looking good, sir, whatever your title is.
6. I dropped the ball on whatever happened with Prince Andrew. However a lot of the comments condemning him say "he was accused of..." and "allegedly." I do not have a good feeling about that whole thing, however here in the United States the rule is "innocent until proven guilty." I recall that he was stripped of some royal titles however I do not think anything was proven.
7. Speaking of No. 5 there, I think a lot of people on this side of the pond as well have forgotten that rule.
8. About Charles and Camilla ...
...I think he should have been allowed to marry her back when they were kids and liked each other. He was not allowed to, and that paved the way for an awful lot of trouble.
9. Now that she is a divorcee and the Queen Consort, you cannot tell me that Edward VIII is not rolling over in his grave. Look what he had to give up to marry the woman he loved.
10. Princess Anne looked pretty cool on that horse. Prince Philip made that joke, remember, that if it wasn't a horse, she wasn't interested. I miss Prince Philip. Did I say that before? Sorry. I just do.
And I miss Queen Elizabeth and her handbag.
However, a good show. I will have to watch more.
And opine more!
Post a Comment