Friday, September 7, 2012
Last night I could not sleep and so I took a notebook and began piously writing down ideas to, ahem, better my life.
1. Finish book on Leonard Pennario.
2. Stop biting nails.
3. Get to the gym every day.
4. Sleep every night from midnight until 6 a.m.
5. Get to confession more often for crying out loud.
6. Pray the Rosary every day.
7. Stop lying to Lose It.
8. Scrub the kitchen floor.
9. Don't spend so much time cooking.
10. Get house fixed up.
11. Play the piano daily. (And stay sane.)
OK, it is not all that taxing, not like what my friend Michelle from work is doing, which is reading "Moby Dick." I kid you not, she is actually reading "Moby Dick." I had to hide my astonishment and bafflement.
But even without "Moby Dick" mine is a pretty good list.
So what did I do?
You had to ask???!!!???
I went out and drank wine.
Well, Howard and I went out after he played the piano at the Statler. We went to hear our friend Mari McNeil sing at Iris. So much fun and Mari sang beautifully. And the waitress said the restaurant would soon be installing an ice cream machine. "So we can make different kinds of ice cream," she said.
Music to my ears!
The list can wait till tomorrow.
On the other hand Franz Liszt cannot.