Friday, September 3, 2010
It is hard getting dressed to go anywhere!
It is easier for guys. Howard, last night when we went to hear Jackie Jocko, he was in jeans and a work shirt and he changed into one of Leonard Pennario's shirts and that was it and off we went.
Me, there are so many decisions! And in the morning, especially, it trips me up.
1. The shirt needs a jacket.
2. It's too darn hot.
3. There's that itchy tag.
4. Hemline just a little too "hell, yeah!"
5. Inner 8-year-old wants to wear something pink and totally inappropriate.
6. That top, I know I saw it yesterday! It was just here! Where did it go?
7. Shoes look pretty but I haven't worn them before. What if they hurt my feet?
8. No matter how many pounds I lose that will always be a pinchy skirt.
9. Did I wear this earlier this week?
10. Oh no! Coffee spill! You finally get it right and ....
It's hopeless, sometimes.
So we beat on, boats against the current, borne back ceaselessly into the closet.